FFXIII Vs. Project R (Final)

Rukunetsu

G'day/Night all. I've been working on a little project lately - just adding my own little touch to my fav tracks on the incredible FFXIII OST(via remixes). Recently stumbled upon OCR, so I figured I'd share it with this community as well (usually post on Youtube).

Track2-SulyyaSprings-Remix-.

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to let me know what you think. More'll be posted as they are produced.

I'm very much enjoying this. The samples at the beginning are great and them returning towards the end was also good. It's all very chilled. I admitedly can't give you any tips on this style/production. I find it's a little repetitive though I in terms of production techniques etc. you keep the interest. Perhaps it's just the chord sequence which remains unaltered throughout the whole thing, correct me if I'm wrong though, wait at 1:53 things change up which is cool. I'd say maybe go a bit more extreme. Like in that section things seem to get a little more "chopped" up maybe you can take that further and then return to the smoothness. Create a journey! :)

This is good stuff!

So i get the FFXIII bit but what is project r?

Hello again, ladies and gents. Here's another track from the mini-album I'm working on. This track while a bit repetitive, is also short and is thrown in as a sort of 'break' for the listener before the final three tracks. Simple, laid back and whimsical feel is what i was going for here.

Nothing major, but I do hope you like.

Source:March of the Dreadnoughts

Mix:Dreadnought Groove

I love the source, one of my faves from the soundtrack. Very laid back as with the other one. I would love to hear the whole album when it's done! :)

You're right it is repetitive! But it works well as an interlude.

However, I hate to see the other section not included, that's my favourite bit! I know it wouldn't really fit if this is an interlude, but the other section is great! (it comes in at 0:22 on the youtube source)

Anyway, good stuff still!

What other tracks from the soundtrack are you working on?

ps. i'm unconvinced that it's a bossa nova! :)

What other tracks from the soundtrack are you working on?

: D Keep listening in - they're all a secret thus far.

ps. i'm unconvinced that it's a bossa nova! :)

You'd be correct with that statement - XD hence I changed the name to Dreadnought 'Groove' elsewhere...I'll get to changing the actual filename soon enough though. : o

Hello all - finally got around to finishing the 4th track for the remix album. Tried to do something different this time. Was having fun sampling the source for this one, and thus the below was born. I'm sure you can still recognize the song somewhat, but in any case I hope you enjoy.

Source - Face it Later

Track 4 - F.I.L-Face it Later Remix

Final track on what has been nothing but fun for me. I'm well aware that this isn't the perfect remix album/album in general but it reminded me how much fun music creation in general was, and gave me alot of ideas for originals as well. I'll have a big 'ol file with all the tracks (artwork, and everything)later on.

For all those who've been following the thread and listening to the tracks, I'm most grateful. Also grateful towards the excellent composers of the FFXIII soundtrack-especially my favorite, Hamauzu Masashi. Please know that i'm going to work on my basics such as variation, melody, and general song composition in future releases as well. Once again thanks.

The track is composed of samples from the the songs "All the world against you (us)" and "Sustained by Hate". Done in FL Studio. Extra tinkering around done in Live 6.

Track6-Until Next Time-Finale-