*NO* Max Payne 2 'Ballad of the Fall'

djpretzel

email sub file Max_Payne_2_Ballad_Of_the_Fall.mp3 -djp

My remixer name is Obl!v!on and my real name is Jonathan Malcolm. My common email address is gamerjon@hotmail.com. The game I am using is Max Payne 2 and the main theme I am remixing. The main inspiration to this mix is actually from playing this game several times and hearing the music collaborate w/ all the noises.

Wait, that's an AIM noise I hear at :54. This makes this submission either suspicious or stupid, honestly. Not a bad string-based with some rain ambiance, but it could use more development within it's mere 2:31, since I doubt the source tune is very minimalist. Plus, we don't need AOL discovering that AIM sound and suing Dave for billions of dollars.

NO

OK, as someone who played Max Payne 2 religiously for a LONG time, I think i'm quite qualified to judge this one.

All the the lead violin in ripped directly from the game. No brownie points there. The string additions are very minor additions, and while they conform to the melody, they don't really bring much to the table. Starting around 2:00 it gets kind of interesting, but these string progressions really need to be part of a cohesive arrangement.

Other than the minute alteration of adding some strings, and an annoying rumble, this is nothing but the original's violin sections sampled.

NO

-D