Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Great Canyon Remix

TGH

Hey wow, it's been a long time since I've been here :-o

Anyway, I've been working on something else, this time a Great Canyon Remix from the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game.

I'm really experimenting with this one and I need some outside opinions on it. . .

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrvgAcxG4nI

Remix: http://tindeck.com/listen/mvky

It's not nearly finished yet, but if I could get feedback on what I have so far that would be great!

Thanks,

-TGH

Lush synths! Nice mix, nice arrangements. Good space + positioning, automation... So many things are under control.

Critiques:

General:

Even though everything sounds nice, it lacks character. Obviously you are ready to go to the next level, where sounding "awesome" isn't even enough,

it has to be unique and distinctive!

Pads:

There are so many interesting and more unique textures to use in that context. Why go for such a generically lush string/saw pads? (The bend at the beginning is wicked!)

Leads:

Your lead is approaching chip tune cute. Why note get really crazy and tear it apart during the solo?

Drums:

Decent programming, but you aren't pushing them too hard. You could do more.

End:

After that sweep, I hope you take it to some super light, brittle sounding loop and then BLAST open your frequency range and drop an even more bad ass version of your groove.

turntable sample? Really? ... I'm all for silly samples, but only when they are related to the game / track in some way. That thing sticks out and detracts.

Awesome. Go further. Guys like you make me wish I came on here more often!

Your lead in the opening is really bright, loud and consistent. I would enjoy more playing around with its timbre and register. Pads are a bit on the blandish side.

That synth strings build towards the end needs something more. More presence, maybe something small moving in the background, but all alone it sort of falls flat.

Bass could use a tiny bit more presence.

A little bit more variation in the piano arpeggios (occasional switch ups, syncopations, fun panning) would be excellent additions.

Good luck, you have a pretty solid base here.