Donkey Kong Country-Aqua Theme

Dj Monkay

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12375558/DKC%20Aqua%20Theme.mp3

This is my first time trying to remix a song and one of my favorite songs was Donkey Kong's Aqua Theme. I use Fruity Loops as my music maker and was wondering what i can do to enhance my song to a new level. The ending is not fully finished and refined so please disregard that. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Well for one, you could use more than just kick+snare+crash+lead. :P

The altered melody make the rhythms pretty difficult to follow. Adding the lead from the original, adding a bassline, adding chords; adding stuff should alleviate that without the need to edit the melody you have (unless you want to).

It could also use some variation. I wouldn't vary the melodic content you have here much (as there's so little of it atm), but the drum rhythms could use some edits. Aside from adding a hihat or shaker or other high-range percussion/rhythm, using half-tempo for intro and other calmer parts would go a long way to make this feel less repetitive. it's an idea, use it if you want to.

It's not a bad start, but it needs more of everything. :P