Chakan The Forever Man: 4 Portals

Riisimestari

I was kind of nervous about posting this, but I feel like I've reached a dead end with this one and need some help/feedback. This is my first remix, I guess; but I really wanted to do something from this game (one of my favorites).

This is my version of "The Four Portals"

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMsZ6xIk8wY

Remix: stats.png

I think some of the mixing is off, and I need to clean it up and adjust some volume levels; but apart from that I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

nice! it reminds me a lot of early peter gabriel stuff, with a touch of NIN ;)

it does seem to top out quite a bit on the volume side, making it sound mottled. sorry i don't have the technical jargon to offer. the source seems to have a pretty strong melody that this remix downplays; not sure if that is intentional or not. your version sounds more ambient than melodic.

for me, if the volume levels were fixed up, i'd be more than happy with the rest of it as-is!

Cool source, has a bit of a Mana series feel to it.

The abrupt tempo change feels weird. Perhaps shifting it towards a more compatible tempo would alleviate that. The gradual tempo increase works fine. Overall, the track sounds like a series of varied dramatic segments broken up with pauses and breakdowns in between. Not sure that's the best arrangement strategy, but it's a lot more interesting than midi rips and covers.

The aggressive, distorted, grainy, noisy sound you seem to be going for make it sound like it's clipping. Not gonna check if it actually is clipping, but the volume is certainly loud enough. You could probably relax your volume pushing a little.

Cool. :D