World of Illusion - Candy Stage.

CJthemusicdude

Never heard the source, so I won't comment on how this remix pertains to it.

That said, there doesn't seem to be a lot of variety to this remix, like I'm on a theme park ride that's just kinda doing its thing for a while before I get off and continue on with my day. By changing up some of the synths you might be able to alleviate this because at the moment they feel really generic without adding a tremendous amount to the song, for example the breakdown around 2:20 you can try using filters to allow the track to ebb. Also during the big chorus parts (3:36 is an example) nothing really stands out, you just have a bunch of synths playing the same notes (at least one gated synth, bass synth, etc.), where, considering its just the chord progresion, you really only need one.

Iono, its an enjoyable remix for what it is but it just kinda feels lifeless, there's no real drama to it. Its mixed well enough to do its purpose, and there's nothing obviously wrong with it either, but there needs to be something more. Maybe try listening to Another Soundscape's FFVII remix "Too Much Fighting," I don't know why but your style seems somewhat similar and you may be able to pick up a few good things from him.