FF7 Misc shinra music (Turks go Pop)

Gintokipianist

ok so heres my new thing. if you didnt play ff7 just skip to the music :Pduring the time when shinra pwned the world, president shinra had alot of corporate clients not just that, but also the turks didnt have much fighting to do in the pre-cloud era, so they formed a funk band to play at receptions for clients for shinra, this gave birth to a new genre of music called "evil corporation funk!" and the turks formed a band called "turks go pop"

Tseng on Synth/Keys

Rude on bass

Reno on drums

Elena on guitar

Rufus got no musical talent but occasionally plays triangle

sephiroth did play clarinet with them but after working out that hes the son of jenova he really neglicted his clarinet studies... for shame! anyways ill probably be realising some more funky remixes along this sorta band arrangement and genre currently working on a main theme mix. will probably make a ridiculous video with random conversations between the charachters if i get too bored on my time off work lol.

EDIT - FIXED BASS EQ,MADE PANNING MORE SYMETRICAL

stats.png

or on video

Well, you're certainly becoming prolific on this board! Lots of irons in the fire, eh? This mix certainly feels like the most cohesive piece you've done yet. Very chilled indeed. Not familiar with the source or FF7 so I'll skip straight to the music...

Production wise I think it's possibly a little too reverb-heavy causing things to become a little muddy. Might want to just dial it back a bit, although for the genre I understand it's needed. The stereo balance feels a bit biased towards the left side as well, just chuck a couple of instruments over to the right and it'll be fine. The piano sounds beautiful as usual - would be nice to hear more of it, especially bringing the song to a climax with a piano solo or something with the other instruments and some drums in the background instead of tailing off with the piano as you do now. Some nice sweeping pads would sound amazing here :)

Great arrangement so far, just needs an ending and it'll be a gorgeous piece.

Just wondering though, as you seem to have so many ideas for songs right now, whether it would be better to focus on one of them and get it 100% rather than posting lots of different WiPs. I know some people don't work like that but I find it's a good idea to polish up one song and then you have a benchmark for the rest of your work.

(video form!)

haha yeah your probably right, and yeah i realised when i exported it, i had saved some changes i didnt mean to, while i was working on the mix, i came up with some new ideas for the next song and jotted them down, changed the panning on the guitar to the left and forgot to move it back haha, but yeah basically i think before i chuck it on youtube or whatever i need to eq the bass slightly, maybe remove some of the delays (actually not alot of reverbs, mostly feedback delays, but its the same stuff at the end of the day lol) probably ill dial it back on the bass and keys, i think it really works on the guitar but maybe too much on the bass, the kit is fairly dry anyways i think but very snappy sounding due to the multiband exciter on the mastering, tends to make the kit sound punchy, thanks for your comments and i know what im like i always wanna record the next idea lol, but yeah i like to export them to listen to them on my good speaker system as i often mix downstairs with the piano on my laptop using headphones, occasionally checking the sound on my "average persons stereo" no point making a mix that sounds wonderful on your speakers and crap on everyone elses :P