"Run & Jump" a Super Mario Bros remix...

DJ Nitro°

Hello, today I come to present a remix I did, is the main theme of Super Mario Bros in an electronic remix ... All melodic sounds were made by me with a program of synthesizers ... I hope you like ... and write your suggestions to make improvements ...

(Sorry if my English is bad, I use a translator XD.gif ...)

stats.png

sounds good so far.

production wise its nice but it needs some variation in instrumentation and needs some better climaxes. its main theme is very repetitive. it needs some better percussion too (it sounds a bit too weak at times)

also that tamborine seems a bit too sharp. try cutting out a little bit of the higher frequencies, it hurts my ears a bit

cant wait to hear what you have next

Drums are pretty weak. Instrumentation is also rather uninteresting as it stays pretty much the same the whole time.

If you take out the parts of the mix that are exactly like the original, and the sound effects taken from various Super Mario games, there would be no way of telling this is a mix of a Super Mario Bros theme. OCReMixes are typically all about keeping the melody of a song and changing the chords or the rest of the instruments, the instrumentation itself, the tempo, those things. This mix just takes the original song and adds entirely new sections that have no connection to the original material besides the instrumentation. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but it's not an OCReMix.

In addition to what the users before have stated, I think that the use of the sound effects taken from various games was a bit gratuitous. It almost seems like the sound effects are trying to cover for the flaws of the song. Maybe I'm right or perhaps I'm reading too much into this. At any rate, the ReMix isn't all that bad, but it isn't necessarily good either.