*NO* Final Fantasy 9 'Long Lost Home'

DragonAvenger

Link to download:

Contact Information

Remixer Name: goldhagen93

Email address:

Submission Info

Name of game arranged: Final Fantasy 9

Name of individual song arranged: Border Village Dali (also called Frontier Village Dali)

I call this song Long Lost Home

--------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKc-U80G9l0

This is a charming rendition of Dali, and I enjoyed listening to it quite a bit. Arrangement-wise it is a bit conservative melody-wise, but there's plenty here added.

There is, however, one pretty major problem and one more minor issue here. You have a great voice, but right now your intonation needs work. Especially for a song that is relying quite a bit on your voice this needs to be more in tune. I don't think it's anything more than practicing at this point, so I encourage you to continue to do so.

The minor issue stems from the lyrics themselves. Without having them to read, I can't give you clear examples, but there are times where the words are a bit awkwardly placed so that the wrong syllables are being inflected or there are pauses in the middle of a sentence. This makes some of the phrases sound strange. I'd consider trying to reword those sections to get improve the overall flow.

It is really great to hear another female vocalist interested in game music, and I encourage you to stick with it. I'd love to hear this with improved intonation, and hopefully a bit better flow.

NO (please resubmit)

I really think this has a ton of promise, great arrangement, a really nice voice, but yeah, some intonation issues, specifically when there are a overdubs- The solo voice parts are generally very good with just a few notes that aren't exactly on, but it's strong in those parts. I think taking a look at a few of the sections that are a little less polished and rerecording would really help. The instruments all sounded pretty good, and the production is very intimate and cozy, so no issues there, just needs a minor tune up.

I really really enjoy this, and think you are very talented, but it needs just a little bit of work.

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...

Reminds me of that pretty version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, very nice. I have to agree with my fellow judges though, shows a lot of promise but needs some additional polish. Dali doesn't have a particularly easy melody for voice either so I'm really impressed but can understand some of the issues. The ukulele/harp (???) is a bit out of tune too which doesn't help the flute or voice.

Very intimate arrangement that shows a lot of promise but a little bit more work on this would really make it shine.

NO(resubmit)