Zelda TP/Theme Remix

shadypickle

Hello!

I am working on this piece as a sort of remix/tribute to Zelda Twilight Princess and Zelda in general. I used the opening melody heard in the demo at the start of TP and the zelda theme itself. As of 12/19/10 it is still a work in progress and I would appreciate some feedback on what I can do with it.

The original cutscene can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74e9QJVeMQY

And here's the remix.

stats.png

I really enjoy that sliding synth, although at some times later on it can become rather piercing just because of how solid it is. . .try adding some mod to it later on. . not a lot, just a little.

And I like the overall texture you have going on here. That piano in the beginning could use some more dynamic articulation. But other than that, that soft distorted synth you have going along with the bass is just excellent, and so are the swelling pads that come in every so often.

From here, might I suggest a piano solo break, and then picking back up the main thing you have going on? :D

Remember that I am no professional and am just giving advice based on what little I know about music compared to everyone else here. I think you have a great base here. ;)

Whoa, big bass.

Has a lot of lows coming out of my system, I can only imagine what it'd do in a more bass-hyped system. A lot of the time, tracks come in but aren't really given space under the bass. Some mixing problems besides the overly loud bass, like how the square lead's lack of highs compared to stray highs from other tracks pushes it back into a mid-range resonant... thing.

Some of the sounds work well, others are exposed as raw and mechanical. The arrangement itself bounces between a sweet creative take and a switched around conservative take, making it feel a bit aimless.

Interesting. Needs more work tho. :)

@ TheGuitahHeroe

Thanks for the feedback. I do agree the piano sounds a bit stale and one dimensional. That is one of the first things I want to change about this track. I will keep your suggestion about a piano break in mind.

@ Rozovian

Thank you too for the feedback. I agree that there is a lot of bass in this one. I think though that most of the issues with this track will be fixed when I master it.

I will keep these suggestions in mind as I continue working on it, and thank you very much for helping me. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Alright then, here's the scoop.

I took your suggestions and worked a good bit more on the song. I worked on changing some of the sounds and reworked the bassline a good bit. I spent the majority of time working on the mix and fixing how it sounded. I know that rozovian said there was a lot of bass, and it was actually intentional so I kept a good strong bass sound in, but toned it back a wee bit. Also I pushed the high end on my lead sound so it filled the upper register, and added a little bit of modulation so that long notes didn't sound so stale. I'm pretty happy with it, but if you hear anything wrong with the new version, let me know. I'll leave it as a wip, but I would say it's close to finished. I'm going to be working on another project for a while on top of another remix, this time for traverse town from Kingdom Hearts. (One of my favorites :-D)

Any way, here it is.

stats.png