*NO* World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck 'Alakazab'

OceansAndrew

CJthemusicdude

Chris

CJthemusicdude@gmail.com

CJthemusicdude.com

CJthemusicdude

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: World of Illusion starring: Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Level 4-4 "Candy Land"

Name of remix: Alakazab

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. The composer(s) = Lotty Maguro Platform = Sega Genesis.

Link to the original soundtrack:

Your own comments about the mix: As a kid playing this game, whenever I entered the candy world I was always filled with excitement and happiness. I wanted to share some of that in this mix. The title comes from Donald Duck, who always sounds like he is saying "Alakazab" when he uses magic. :P

I like some of the arrangement ideas you have here. You've got a good start on things, although overall it feels a little too basic. I'd like you to take what you've got and experiment with it further. Things like the chords, which are kind of blocky, could be spiced up a little. The arrangement itself also get's a little repetitive towards the end, and it would be nice to get some more arrangement of the source, or maybe an original section to help keep things varied.

The one huge (gotta be honest here) thing is that this is really really mechanical sounding. You really need to humanize this. What is compounding the issue, too, is that at times the arrangement is somewhat simple, which is making the mechanicalness stand out that much more. Another point is the samples, which are somewhat generic synths. They aren't horrible by any means, but they stay pretty static throughout and don't evolve very much. Some change-ups would help.

There are arrangement ideas here, but this really needs work. Please use our WIP forums to get some more feedback to improve.

NO

The rhythms were nicely altered from the source, but I have to agree that it feels really mechanical and lifeless for a lot of it. The sounds used were decent but generic, and could have used some EQ to be punchier and fit together without some of the bleed.

Overall, it's way too stiff right now, it needs to flow a lot better. You have a decent grasp on the concept of arrangement, you just need to let your other skills develop as well. I'd hit up the WIP forum and get some additional tips. :-)

No

• 1 month later...

While I personally wouldn't say the sounds are generic per say, they're not used very creatively. It sounds like you took a few different synth presets (that all occupy the same frequencies) and just went to town! The pulsating, heavily reverbed background synth sounds very out of place when everything else is super dry at the time.. Try really finding sounds that glues together and if they don't to being with, use EQ to cut away what isn't needed in the sound!

The arrangement isn't that great either, like OA said it was mechanical. Try taking things a bit further and making it flow better!

Keep at it!

NO