OCR02273 - *YES* Last Ninja 2 'Central Park (Metal Mix)'

OceansAndrew

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty nice arrangement, and definitely a logical jump from the source material. Nice playing, with some really excellent soloing, and some tasteful use of synths as well. I wish the ending wasn't a fade-out though, as it just sounds sortof cheap compared to the rest of the quality of the track.

The synth breakdown was nice, and transitioned well. The song plays it somewhat close to the original, but there are a good deal of minor interpretations, drum writing, and of course the soloing.

I really like it, and it's an excellent source.

Yes

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much in agreement with Andrew. The arrangement is pretty good overall, although a bit conservative at times, but there's plenty of arrangement and interpretation going on. The drums a programmed really well, and really fit the arrangement. I'm not as crazy about the synth choice, mostly due to the slow attack and the bit of overall mud (seems intentional) of that section. I like the overall breakdown, however.

More than willing to give this a

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Great production, very clean. The drum samples were a little plain, but got the job done and had some well-programmed fills. The little pieces of flair in the melody are great and help personalize it since the structure is fairly conservative. I agree with Deia that the synth section was weak because of the slow attack and clashing of instruments, but not terrible. You brought back the rawk soon afterward and it was gangbusters.

YES

• 1 month later...

not much to add here. I didn't have any big complaints with the mix, the performances and production were both solid (loved all the guitar slides and harmonics), and the arrangement is easily recognizable. never heard of this game, but great choice of source; reminds me of the Earthworm Jim soundtracks. nice work. :nicework:

YES