*NO* Wizards & Warriors 'A Knight at the Concerto Hall'

djpretzel

Hi!

I would like to submit i a remix of the intro to Wizards and Warriors. I know, it's not the most original of choices, but I really like that melody and I havn't really heard any classical mix of it, so I started making one.

It also has a little bit of Necrotown from Heroes of Might and Magic 2 expansion in there. It's in variable 256 bitrate, made with Reason 2.5, encoded to mp3 in audio catalyst.

The remix can be found on:

C3NX0R3D!!~

And here comes the additional details:

Remixer name: Jools

E-mail: joel_karlsson@hotmail.com

No website and no ID in the forums

Games remixed: Wizards & Warriors with a little bit of Heroes of Might and Magic 2 in it Songs remixed: Fron W&W intro, from HoMM2, the expansion song of Necrotown

I hope it's good enough to be submited, and I hope to get some feedback on it... it's my first musical thing made in years... :)

Have a nice day!

Best of Regards

Joel Karlsson

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/wizwar.zip - Track 1

Some attempted realism in the performance would have been nice. No offense, but everything is lifeless and dry. The pianos, strings, and particularly woodwinds are all very default-ish, artificial-sounding and exposed. Some effects would be appreciated. At least we got a little bit of escalation at 2:31, but the way the sounds came together was very unappealing. This struggled out of the gate. Not much to say on the arrangement front either.

NO

Pretty much agree with the other judges on this one. Pretty conservative arrangement. Try to expand it more and give it your own style. Also you say hall in the title, how about using hall reverb here to spice things up. Everything sounds dry and too upfront in the mix. I also personally suggest trying another sample or eqing the piano. It sounds really plinky and bright.

I actually like a lot of how this was put together and the orchestration is ok. Definitely has some promise, but it requires much more work put into this. Decent.

NO