Perminant site blocking?

Black Mage

I have decided that I really need to block a website or two that I find very distracting and waste too much time with. There are two methods of which I am aware to block sites on my computer. One is to add them to my host file and the other is to add it to my blocked site list on my router. The only problem is that it is easy for me to undo any blocks I setup. I need a blocking method that is either non-reversible from my computer, or is enough of a pain to undo that I'd be disinclined to try.

Can anyone suggest tools/thoughts/methods?

Not 100% sure this will work, but you could go the host file route and modify the permissions such that your account only has "read" and "read & execute" rights to it. I believe user permissions will supersede group permissions so even if you are in the administrator group it should prevent you from changing the file afterwards. Catch is once you make the changes to the permissions, you won't be able to change permissions any further, so you will need to either create a second account in the admin group or have another user who is in the admin group on the computer change it for you.

Been a while since I've had to deal with permissions like this, so this is more a educated guess.