MegaMan 2 Heatman Remix

TGH

I'm straying from my somewhat laid-back style here to try to create something a little (a lot) more agressive.

I know it's short, but I'm willing to make up for that in whatever way I can. I'm fond of this arrangement the way it is, pretty much.

http://tindeck.com/listen/jeqs - Remix (Here's a version with less treble, the other one had a bit too much http://tindeck.com/listen/orew)

- Source if you need it

Thanks!

-TGH

P.S. See if you can guess who this was inspired by. :P (He's a remixer here)

Ah, can't get enough Mega Man remixes. Just too much goodness, there.

I like your approach on this one - liberal as hell for a lot of it, but more than enough reference to the source to connect the track to the original. I personally think it could be a little bit longer before the breakdown. I suspect you could get about another 30 seconds or so if you play around with the source a bit more before the breakdown, and the breakdown would also sound more natural if you did this. I think the end cuts off rather abruptly, as well, so putting in a little effort into an ending would help this piece, as well.

I hear a little clipping in the middle of the track (somewhere in the breakdown, I think, where the block SFX are playing - nice SFX, btw). I'm sure it's just a matter of turning down one of the tracks a little, so go fix the clipping. I hear a touch of brick walling in the limiting on the master track, as well, so you might want to take a look at that (might be my ears or headphones, though - it's pretty minimal). The production on it otherwise is tight.

The overall sound is great, and the arrangement is very clever. Yes, I also hear a ton of Willrock influence (and did you get that sine intro from me? lol), and it fits this mix well... is that who you were referencing? ;-)

Great track - with a couple of tweaks I could hear this one on OCR. It's begging for a little length in a couple of sections, though, which I hope you agree to extend. It really sounds incomplete to me otherwise.

Yes, I also hear a ton of Willrock influence

You got it. :D

Although I had never heard your song before making that intro, haha. . . It's actually an sf2 I used.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I will take into consideration what you said about lengthening the track. I will try to add a little something before the drum break as I (may or may not :D) see fit.

Thanks again!