*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Party Town'

OceansAndrew

• 2 weeks later...

There are some interesting ideas going on here, but overall this runs pretty long, and the ideas start to wear thin. I would condense this by about a minute and a half. Along with that, the overall texture is pretty sparse, and could be filled in a bit more.

Overall the sounds are a bit lacking. Everything feels a bit thin, and there are a few instances where you are either directly sampling the game or using very similar sounds. There's nothing wrong with doing that occasionally, but I think it's done enough that along with the overall soundscape it pulls the track down a bit too much.

I do think you have some good ideas, and an interesting approach to the Countdown Begins source (Off the Edge of Despair feels more like a cameo), but it needs some work. I'd use our WIP forums to get some more feedback.

NO (resubmit)

Some cool arrangement ideas, and then some WTF ones. The high voice is ridiculous, and the partypartypartypartypartyparty is a little obnoxious. On the other side of the spectrum, though, the sounds used are cool and varied, and the arrangement has promise if it is trimmed a bit.

Production is where things aren't quite gelling, the balance is off in sections, and a lot of the synth attacks are slow enough that they feel like they aren't on the beat. Some of the sounds are good, but they way they are produced is making things sound thin as well.

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

'Off the edge of despair' is clearly party material.

Just echoing the statements above really. The ideas here are not strong enough to carry the track for that long. There is some inventive processing here and there, but it could be a lot more polished and interest isn't held by the repetition. You should condense this into a short mix and concentrate on getting the elements to gel together.

Also, you can't be serious about that partypartypartypartyparty bit...

NO