*NO* Iridion 3D 'Under the Clouds'

DragonAvenger

Remixer Name: ArienV

Email: therealarien@hotmail.com

User ID: 24483

Name of game: Iridion 3D

Name of song: The Pacific

Manfred Linzner is the mastermind behind the Iridion music and he is a great inspiration to me,

creating some of the most kickass music the Gameboy Advance has seen.

I wanted to capture the feel of the song in a different style, with greater contrast. Thanks for listening!

---------------

• 2 weeks later...

Nice source, catchy song I haven't heard before! :-)

THe sounds are decent, and have some care put into them, with some cool filtered bass that is a little overpowering, compared to how subdued the lead is, but the overall soundscape is nice, and I really like how it melts into each additional section, keeping the arrangement fresh. The production isn't pristine, mainly because of the overpowering bass, but otherwise things are good.

The arrangement is nicely expansive, though the ending is a bit on the weak side, as the song just loses energy until it dies.

Overall I am really liking this, but I think the bass needs to be toned down slightly, the lead should come forward slightly, and you need a more proper ending. It shouldn't take that long, and I think this one definitely has potential. :-)

No, please resubmit

Andrew's nailed this. Tons of really cool stuff, and I love the bassline, but it's overpowering things right now. Adjust your levels to balance this a little better, please!

The arrangement could use a little restructuring so that it's not quite a downward slide. Try to pull some energy back into things towards the end to bring the listener back in.

NO (resubmit)

Yeah, overall this is pretty good! Bass has got some issues, if you listen to it you realize it's only overpowering when it's playing certain notes. Check out the resonance on the filter, right now it might be peaking at certain frequencies which makes it uneven. Try compressing it a bit to even it out! It also annoys me personally that it's so wide but that's more personal preference.

Work a bit more on the arrangement, like has been said the ending could use some work. I think the strings in the ending doesn't sound that good, quite fake, which I guess is no big deal but the rest of the track is pretty strong in the sound department so I would consider finishing it off on a strong note :)

Not a long way to go mate, hope to see a resub soon.

NO(resubmit)