Legend of Zelda Medley / Tribute

PhantomZora

Hey guys, I've been working on some music lately with a program I recently downloaded and I thought I'd share a Zelda tribute. This is my first serious composition (I know it's far from perfect), but I'd appriciate some feedback or constructive criticism as well as your own personal thoughts. Thanks! :)!!

Extremely well done for a first try. The feel is good, and I like the way the instruments compliment each other. The sound balance on the speakers could use a little bit of fleshing out, but well balanced for the most part. To grife, the instruments sound a little cheap and electronic, especially the trumpet part about 40 seconds in. I would suggest trying to get some real trumpet parts, or at least some authentic emulators, to cover the track. If i am not mistaking, it sounds like you are using a midi file.

I see it's marked as finished so I won't tell you what to fix, just point you to stuff to not do with your next track. :P

There's some timing issues. Tempo fluctuations are cool, but unsteady timing is... well, not. Sound quality is a big issue, but there are freebies on the net to help you get around that.

The unison of piano and ocarina in the beginning sounds silly, it'd work better if you'd give each instruments its own role in the mix. At that point, the piano could provide chords and possibly some rhythm instead.

I like how you don't dwell on any theme and instead keep the whole thing moving forward. Not something that'd work on ocr, ocr doesn't like medleys. This is pretty good for a first serious composition, keep it up and you'll make some great stuff in notime. :D