Mother 3 - Begin

DJTriverske

This is my remix of the Mother 3 naming screen. Although there are very few parts in the song I did my very best and I liked the results. The ending product times just over 2:40. Prophecy's "Sweet Dream Lullaby" really inspired me to make this (my mix doesn't come close to reaching that level of awesome) and I think you can see how it influences the music. I hope you enjoy listening to it!

Original -

Begin (Remix) - http://tindeck.com/listen/tgzv

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm not a mod, but here's a review:

I think this song is too repetitive. I played Mother 3 and I understand that this source is very short, but I feel you could have done more.

You establish the cool drums/synths, and then lead us in with those pretty pads and synths, but the song doesn't really go anywhere with them. I think you need to take a section and just start writing some notes, give the song a lead of your own, see what happens. Get experimental with your writing, don't be afraid to stray from the source, if you want to be faithful to Mother 3, maybe try to incorporate some leads from other songs that could fit into this one. The point is that you're taking the source, honoring it, and expanding on it, to make it worthwhile to listen to instead of the source (not that I'm saying that's what remixes are for, but the idea is to be as good as or better than the original)

When your synth chords at around the 2:00 minute mark come in finally they are way too overpowering, my headphones almost exploded :J.

The song is also imbalanced by the dry synths you have playing the rhythm, and the pads that are reverbtastic, when you bring in the dry synths again, you can't really hear the pads/piano... Work on balancing your song with the instruments you choose.

Also you need a really phat bass, your low synth isn't a true bass to me... It's just playing low notes... Get in there with a low sine or something, fill up the low-end, and give the song more rhythm to pair with your drums.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...