Pokémon R/S/E Champion ReMix

AlmightyArceus

This is a mix I have been waiting for, forever, and I am not disapointed.

The first thing I heard when I started listening was the Pokemon sound clips at the beginning. Nice :)!!. (They were from Steven's pack, right?)

There are a few things which need some changes. Firstly, there is a low sound throughout the song (a bass?) which seemed a little loud. It might just be my speakers, but I would tweek the volume level and mixer on the low end some.

Another thing that is definitely needed is more developments. The tune seems to repeat itself alot up until (2:27) where the beat picks up. That was a good development. I just wanted to hear more developments like that throughout the piece.

My favorite development/build up was the ending to the song, it left the song at a great point.

My only other suggestion would be to add a repeating sound clip of the low health tone from Pokemon. If you fade it in from (3:20) or so and increase the volume up until (3:54), that would add some intensity :). (It would also remind gamers of how many times the Elite Four ripped them off in Ruby and Sapphire :wink:.)

Hopefully, this has helped you in some way, I definitely want to see how this mix gets better!

This is a mix I have been waiting for, forever, and I am not disapointed.

The first thing I heard when I started listening was the Pokemon sound clips at the beginning. Nice :)!!. (They were from Steven's pack, right?)

There are a few things which need some changes. Firstly, there is a low sound throughout the song (a bass?) which seemed a little loud. It might just be my speakers, but I would tweek the volume level and mixer on the low end some.

Another thing that is definitely needed is more developments. The tune seems to repeat itself alot up until (2:27) where the beat picks up. That was a good development. I just wanted to hear more developments like that throughout the piece.

My favorite development/build up was the ending to the song, it left the song at a great point.

My only other suggestion would be to add a repeating sound clip of the low health tone from Pokemon. If you fade it in from (3:20) or so and increase the volume up until (3:54), that would add some intensity :). (It would also remind gamers of how many times the Elite Four ripped them off in Ruby and Sapphire :wink:.)

Hopefully, this has helped you in some way, I definitely want to see how this mix gets better!

Yes, this has most definitely helped!

Yes, it's Steven's set. In my opinion, he is the true champion; Wallace doesn't even come close.

Haha I always get carried away with the bass; I typically get it LOUD and keep it that way lol. I'll adjust the volume on that :D

Yeah, it does seem to be more of a standard form I guess, with the head, then solos, then head again. I think more than anything I might need to add some more percussion changes. I really love the ending build I did; the chord at the end (A) just sang to me. lol

The low health thing is a great idea; I was thinking of branching into more sound effects and such, so that could work out really well :D

Thanks so much for your critique; always what I want for improvement :D

Showoff :-D

So far, this is pretty good. I remember this music, and I like JL's suggestion with the health thing. However, the bass is a bit too loud.

I know that the bass is important in this piece, but it is way over the top, if that makes any sense. Is there another way you can make the bass a bit lower, and just as intense?

I really like this piece. Good luck.

The instrument that starts at 0:09 and plays the melody. I disagree with the instrument choice. Perhaps you could switch it out with a metal percussion instrument. Start with that, and then use fade in /fade out effects to transition that instrument into the another instrument.

In terms of melody, the song sounds too similar to the original. Obviously you are talented, and to say that this (what I feel is a) shortcoming is salvageable would be an understatement. This is a great song, but the quality is gonna go WAY up if you deviate from the structure and melody of the original song more.