FFVI: Magic House

munchi

I think this one is ready, but I'm putting it up here to see what you guys think. I kinda doubled the length of every note and then created a latin groove out of it. It was unrecognizable so I think retuned the first melody to fit inside the groove and had that melody come in an out of focus, kinda like a spell's been put on you and then slowly the magic wears off.

Original

My Remix

Fun, smooth and original. A bit dry, for my tastes, but that's easy to work around...

Wait, this is supposed to be a remix of the FFVI Owzer's house theme? I really don't hear it in this at all. I hear a snipit in there, from time to time (and those snipits clash with the rest of the soundscape something nasty), and something in the beginning, but this track has very little to do with the original track.

It's a neat, interesting track, but it's not the Magic House from FFVI. I've been shot down with tracks less liberal than this one with the J's, so I don't see this one passing due to lack of source. It's not a bad tune at all, don't get me wrong - it just doesn't sound like a remix of that source. It sounds like an original with some of that track sprinkled in there, for good measure.

this is exactly what I'm afraid of! I've tweaked this song like 4 times, but it still ends up sounding completely different from the source. I think it's because the main melody of my remix is actually a latinized version of the second part of the song.