Shael Riley and the Double Ice Backfire Kickstarter Covers (or, OMG Free Music!!!!!111)

suzumebachi

Kickstarter Covers

Shael Riley and the Double Ice Backfire's Ultimate Songs From the Pit album is finished at last. While we're waiting for duplication and logistical crud and then what not and stuff, we're going ahead and releasing our Kickstarter commissioned covers to you, the public, to tide you over. Because that's how we roll. I think.

cover.jpg

Free Download

Tracklist

1. Skyway - Originally by Apples in Stereo
  2. The Distance - Originally by Cake
  3. Duvet - Originally by Boa
  4. Juese Belmont (feat. Z of hipsterplease.com) - Originally by Disk Mastah Smokabitch
  5. Silent Running - Originally by Mike and the Mechanics
  6. Leave Out All the Rest - Originally by Linkin Park

Enjoy!

I had heard of you guys in the past but I never really dove into the music. Too be honest, I hadn't really followed many NES-rock type bands period.

I've currently found this to be a mistake and have now been listening to these covers and "Songs From the Pit" pretty much since I woke today. There is something real about Shael's voice that is, in a way, comforting. Followed by the incorporated, and tasteful, blippity bloopityness that always strikes a nostalgic chord with me and the solid drum playing, chunky guitar. Great work.

I ran into Ricky at the Louisville Arcade Expo and he inspired me to check out the music and I'm very glad I did. moar moar moar!!

Edit: Oh and he mentioned there was some mastering done but I can't remember if he said the new album had it done, SFTP had been RE-mastered, or both? Regardless, it all sounds too sweet :)

• 2 weeks later...
I had heard of you guys in the past but I never really dove into the music. Too be honest, I hadn't really followed many NES-rock type bands period.

I've currently found this to be a mistake and have now been listening to these covers and "Songs From the Pit" pretty much since I woke today. There is something real about Shael's voice that is, in a way, comforting. Followed by the incorporated, and tasteful, blippity bloopityness that always strikes a nostalgic chord with me and the solid drum playing, chunky guitar. Great work.

I ran into Ricky at the Louisville Arcade Expo and he inspired me to check out the music and I'm very glad I did. moar moar moar!!

Edit: Oh and he mentioned there was some mastering done but I can't remember if he said the new album had it done, SFTP had been RE-mastered, or both? Regardless, it all sounds too sweet :)

Thanks! The answer actually is both, regarding what was remastered. We have a new album coming out that consists of 10 new original songs and 6 songs from the Songs From the Pit EP re-mastered, by Drew Lavyne, and slightly re-arranged (by Ty).