email address- corp8@mail.ru

userid - 32137

Submission Information:

Title - "Ghosts of War"

Name of game arranged - Contra Force

System: NES

Name of individual song arranged - Prologue Theme

Hello!

This remix has a long story! First attempt on this source I made when I was 15-16 years old) But who cares!:D

Anyway, another experiment in sound, instruments, mastering.. bla,bla,bla..

Simple orchestra, metal riffs,sweet bass guitar(I love it), rock improvisations, "crying" drums(Dunno why, I just hear they crying) and gentle-aggressive electronic in background.

This is the mix. Sounds like nonsense.. You better listen remix)

I wanted to write some lyrics on it, but suddenly I realized.. I can't say "THOSE" words in english(guess, cause I'm Russian). And I have no quality equipment to record vocals.

So I tried here to say something by music. Hope I did it.

Thank You for your time!

I have a request. If this mix get to the judges panel and takes "NO",

do not remove link to remix pleas) Dunno why, but do it pleas. If it possible)

Thank You!

P.S. Sorry for my english, if I said something weird)

Link to the original soundtrack -

• 2 weeks later...

Source is pretty short, so there's going to have to be a lot done with it to keep it interesting at 4:16 long. We're talking less than 25% source at this point otherwise.

Overall what I am hearing is some expansion on the soundscape of the original, but after the source finishes it's run-through (at 1:10) I'm not really hearing any connection back to the source for the rest of the song. Can someone confirm this for me?

Aside from that, the sequencing overall is very mechanical and stiff. You need to work on humanizing your sounds throughout. Also, the lead sound is either a flute or a violin, and to be honest, the fact that I can't figure out which one it is is really bothering me. I'd suggest using a different sound to cover that line.

If there is more source inthis that I'm not hearing, awesome. Otherwise you really need to work on this to get more of the original tune in there. Regardless, the production is showing some promise, but needs work.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

This has a nice steady beat that feels very dramatic, but I agree that beyond the first part of the mix, it goes too far into original territory. It is still pretty cool, but it deviates too much from the source.

The production is mostly good, but gets crowded in some areas, when a lot of things are happening at once, and the flute sample seems a little dead.

Guitar leads could have used a little bit of delay to help it fit in the mix better, and some of the intonation was off on a few notes.

Overall this is a very strong start, it just needs more source use (which is difficult because the original song is so short), and some production fixes. I'd like to hear a revision, however. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much concur with my fellow J's here. Arrangement stayed very conservative for the first 1:10, but then spent the rest of the song in basically an original direction. Technically, it retains a similar repeated backing part from the original underneath everything, but I don't feel like this is enough of a connection to tie it to the OST. If you're trying to make some allusions to the original melody with all the soloing later in the track, I wasn't able to hear it.

Flute lead really falls flat here - definitely a weak link on the production side. The synth lead layered on top of the flute for the second go around on the melody doesn't quite cut through enough to hold it's own either against the heavy background. You may want to try to eq up some mid-highs or add a bit of distortion or something to have it cut through.

Heard some note playing issues on the lead guitar around 3:02 and beyond during the soloing, which may be the intonation issues OA was referring to. Also agree with Andrew on the clutter issue, especially around parts like 3:37 when everything's firing at the same time.

Solid guitar work for the most part (sans some lead notes), and a good base here, but needs some help in both arrangement and production.

No, resubmit please