*NO* Mega Man 2 'Wood Mutates to Metal'

djpretzel

ReMixer name: HartZa

email address: harri_pellikka@hotmail.com

userid: 22001

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Megaman 2

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Woodman Stage Theme

And, here's a story about this song:

One day I wasn't in school because I was sick. In the endless boredom, I opened my computer, and came to OCRemix forums. I started to browse different forums, and from the ReQuest part, I found this thread: Megaman 2 Woodman. This little text reminded me suddenly of my metal composition of this song, which I made about 6 months ago. Without thinking it much, I plugged my guitar to computer, and... This is what I got. I really would like to thank some people here in OCRemix, since they've helped me a lot with their advices on how to mix this. Thank you/Arigatou!!

Hopefully this is accepted, since I never got a single remix here. This would be my first one... And, there's no Woodman remixes yet, this would be first one on that line too!

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!

http://search.msn.com/

Wow. Another promising guitarist for the community. Great arrangement work here concerning the guitar. I look forward to your future endeavours.

Even a nice little synth ditty in the beginning. Nice. The guitars are uniformly excellent here.

Unfortunately, the length and the drums kill it. Give us at the very least a developed song, rather than a 1:37 demo. The drums are arranged fairly well, passable in that respect even. However, the double kick starts to dominate the entire mix. Also, some of the kit going-ons are exceedingly artificial. A bit more velocity TLC and it'll be fine.

Length, and drum quality. That's it. Resub please. I look forward to it.

NO

-D

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman3.zip - Track 13 ("Woodman Stage")

Make the track longer. If and when you do, be sure to develop further arrangement ideas instead of just repeating the same ones. Like Dan mentioned, the drum kick becomes annoying after a while. Production is alright, though most of the instruments moosh together, while the melody lack clarity at times. Go for the resubmission.

NO

Development is the main problem here, or lack off. Period. It just feels incomplete. Try and expand this mix so it sounds more complete. The mix came and went all too briefly.

Minor gripe, I thought the recording quality was a bit disappointing, certainly passable, but perhaps at least some EQ and other processing work is in order.

Very cool guitar performance though, so I hope to hear more from you in the near future, but this isn't enough at this point. NO.