best version of this song?

mickomoo

I have 4 versions of this one song, I'm planning to make a final mix of it, but currently I'm not sure what version of it is best. In your opinion which one do you like the most or see the most potential from:

Original: stats.png

(I'm gonna replace the vsti guitar with a real one)

Orchestral lead (violin):stats.png

I might replace the violin with another orchestral lead

Leadless: stats.png

Leadless w/ distorted bass: stats.png

The first and last are out in my opinion.

I really like the soundscape of the orchestral lead (violin or w/e), but it seems to stumble over itself at parts.

The third (orchestral minus lead) wins my vote. The mood is definitely there without the lead, it comes across much more polished and cleaner, and the pauses are even more pronounced.

The first and last are out in my opinion.

I really like the soundscape of the orchestral lead (violin or w/e), but it seems to stumble over itself at parts.

The third (orchestral minus lead) wins my vote. The mood is definitely there without the lead, it comes across much more polished and cleaner, and the pauses are even more pronounced.

Yeah a lot of people like the leadless versions lol. I'm either thinking of composing a better lead, or working with the timing of the one I have. Or simply chopping it up at some parts, the lead works at the ending but in the beginning I do admit it is kinda forced

for the lulz here's a piano version I wrote. It kinda showed me the melody could work if played properly:

stats.png