What's The Big Deal About Changing Usernames?

SonicSynthesis

If i'm unsure about something i'll not be afraid to ask. Don't think i'm being cheeky in this post, it's just a question. If there's some underlying point i'm missing then feel free to yell abuse at me for making a deal about nothing haha.

So i quote " In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so."

What is the big issue with changing usernames? I mean it's just a name. It can't be because it's hassle to do, because i was an administrator on a VBulletin forum and i know it takes literally 2 seconds to do. So what extreme circumstances are we talking about? You need to change your name because you're a valuable witness to a crime and bad people are out to get you? haha

My situation is that i want to change my name because i found it's a slogan of a metal band and i can't use it in the future if i want buy the rights to it or whatever. I plan on becoming a professional composer/producer and i'd like my username to be the same as what i plan to name my studio, use as a watermark on compositions etc. If i have all my stuff under a different name then nobody would be able to find it easily. I've had to change my youtube channel name among other things and i'd like to change it on here as well. I'm not exactly 'big time' on the site either, i've basically added no friends and made less than 100 posts. I mean i can understand if DJPretzel changed his name everybody would be extremely confused haha.

So do you reckon there's any point in me submitting a name change request, or is this case not EXTREME and HARDCORE enough? lol

Ok maybe i was a bit cheeky, sorry. I love this site very much <3

"I would like my name changed to "kitty". All lower case please. Thanks! "

"could i get a name change to "ambinate" (all lowercase)? thanks a bunch! "

So the extreme circumstance thing is just bullshit really? haha

They should probably change it on the FAQs because it does sound very intimidating and near impossible to get a name change.

Thanks a bunch for the link mate, hopefully they'll change it.