Final Fantasy 2 Project

Hi.

Before anyone says it, FF1 is done (submitting on the 15th to staff review) and apart from that, I currently have no ongoing projects at OCR. So without further ado, FINAL FANTASY 2 NES!

FFII.jpg

Current listing as of April 13th 2011:

1. Prelude (Jeff Ball)

2. Battle 1 (KiddCabbage)

3. Battle 2 (Knight of the Round)

(mithius)

(Insert Rupee)

6. Revivification (Brandon Strader)

7. Rebel Army Theme (PrototypeRaptor)

8. Town (CyriltheWolf)

9. Main Theme (Bonkers)

10. Castle Pandemonium (Brandon Strader)

11. Imperial Army Theme (Knight of the Round & Brandon Strader)

12. Magician's Tower (blackguitar)

13. Chocobo Theme / Run / Revived Emperor (Izkemia)

14. Ancient Castle (M-H)

15. Dungeon (AMT)

16. Victory! (NintenJoe64)

17. Temptation of the Princess (Brandon Strader)

18. Game Over (Chernabogue & Brandon Strader)

(Archangel)

Needless to say the line-up is pretty amazing and it filled up pretty quick. We basically need someone to do a cool remix for Chocobo's Theme, Run, and Revived Emperor; the last 2 I wouldn't mind seeing in a medley.

These three sources aren't necessarily the strongest. This is the earliest manifestation of Chocobo theme, which has evolved heavily throughout the years. For OCR purposes it should be passable quality though, which implies that it shouldn't be TOO liberal. Something like Rhymes with Elixir may work, but preferably not a rap. Unless it's rap metal. It should not be an original song. :-P

So yeah. Tough spots to fill. If anyone thinks they can provide badass renditions of these sources, and fit alongside the above names, please let me know.

First WIP date is July 1st.

http://theshizz.org/forum/index.php?/topic/35452-final-fantasy-2-project/

Brap, I forgot to mention Battle Scene B which is actually a really incredible song, I really dig it. It's open, so if anyone wants to put together something nice for it, that'd be cool. Bonus points if you use koto and shamisen.

This should arguably NOT be a tough song to fill, as the song is amazing and has ample melodic substance.

EDIT: We got Insert Rupee and Izkemia (from the first album) -- will leave this here incase something opens up.

Glad to see this.

Are you gonna take on FF3 once you're done with this? If so, I've got a name for you: Echoes of Eternity.

:tomatoface:

We'll see. Zircon and SnappleMan are both already running FF3 projects, and FF1 is being evaluated right now. I want to keep all 3 albums together if we do all 3 so it'll depend on where the first one gets released at. I'm really hoping for OCR.

Zirc has decent taste in metal too it seems

• 3 weeks later...