Legend of Dragoon - Imperial Capital Kazas Remix

aur3lius

Ok new remix here. Another rough one thats littered with garbage mistakes but please don't pay it too much mind. I've learned recently while working on this mix that if I stop and try to tweak or change or add a new instrument to a part here or there, I become obsessed and lose sight of where I'm originally trying to get to. Eventually, I end up just wanting to trash whatever I was working like with my perfect dark remix and others (Those who commented on it actually saved it though. I'm looking to start working on it again soon, keeping it on the back burner for now though. Thanks for all those that took the time to comment on it).

Anyway the point is I'm just trying to force my way to an ending in the song. I think after I see a goal that I can work towards, I'll be less likely to give up when I start redoing some of the parts. But yea, what I'm looking for right now is just to see if i'll get an overall positive response to the song so far. I don't wanna get to the end of the song just to find out all of it was a garbage idea to begin with. And I do think i'm getting close to an ending.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At46eoLq5oA (heh, I though it said castle >_>)

Remix: stats.png (old)

New Updated Remix: stats.png

Your comments and opinions will be very much appreciated.

Man, this is a cool arrangement of the original, I honestly never would've thought I'd hear this song in a bluesy style, but this definitely works. My only problem I'd say thus far is the drums, they're a bit too loud when they start out but that's just a minor problem. Can't wait to hear the finished product. :D

Remix: stats.png

Alrighty. Pushed it ahead a little more. I think I might see an ending in sight. Sorry about the crappy improv towards the part where the song repeats. I think I'm running outta steam and honestly....I don't know how I feel about the dam remix anymore...Thanks for the comments though!

Pulled the drums back a bit..I think. Wait, Dammit I might have forgot to. Tried using some EQ and compression on the guitars and piano but I know absolute jack about that kinda stuff so I just set them to a preset. I have no clue how others get their mixes sounding so crisp and clear. Something to do with bass roll-offs and uh.......a sponge and some Arm & Hammer®? Might need some help with that. That is if this thing ever gets completed.

DjMystix: Ah I believe that's also the main theme of the game. plays during that intro video before you get to the menu. Call me crazy, but I've never really been too fond of that theme. Not sure why. Although there's certain parts to the melody that I do quite enjoy. Might have to toss this one around a bit.

Guess all that's left is to find some way to end it. Go back and redo everything, keeping tight with a metronome. flesh out the piano parts some more definitely. And keep working the sound scape to give it an overall fuller sound. Guitar is giving me some trouble also. Getting really annoyingly focused treblely sound, especially when I split my neck humbucker. Probably cause I never bother to adjust my pick ups after I threw in some new ones about a month ago.