Undersea Palace Chrono Trigger Remix

Karitsu

Very nice take on the source, here. The drum work is awesome, and many of the instrument choices are great. The volume is unabashedly quiet, though. If at all possible, find a way to maximize the volume without adding artifacts to the track.

Some of the remix sounds pretty hollow in the soundscape. It's mostly a problem in the lower end of the spectrum (such as the low-lowermid spectrum), so you should figure out a way to fill out that area.

Overall, the remix is repetitive. I don't mind conservative remixes, but an arrangement that repeats without any variation is never any good. Either change it up a little or remove the repeats.

Those are my thoughts, I hope it helps you out.

Thanks I'm working on it now also I hope you have a sub so you can hear the bass but I know what you're saying I'll improvise something :3

Very nice take on the source, here. The drum work is awesome, and many of the instrument choices are great. The volume is unabashedly quiet, though. If at all possible, find a way to maximize the volume without adding artifacts to the track.

Some of the remix sounds pretty hollow in the soundscape. It's mostly a problem in the lower end of the spectrum (such as the low-lowermid spectrum), so you should figure out a way to fill out that area.

Overall, the remix is repetitive. I don't mind conservative remixes, but an arrangement that repeats without any variation is never any good. Either change it up a little or remove the repeats.

Those are my thoughts, I hope it helps you out.

ONE thing. It is way too conservative.

I think Rockos is being diplomatic here. This is at best a cover, and at worst a midi-rip. Same point applies to your Zeal theme cover posted on the forums. It is really hard to judge and give constructive feedback since what you have posted shows no indication of the level of your rearrangement skills. What one can tell from the mix, is that you can cover the source (or import a midi into a DAW), layer some drums in there, then loop it for several minutes. But right now there is almost no originality in your work.

I appreciate the critique I didn't realize that it would sound like importing a midi aha well. These are covers with a flare but not a complete make over so I tried to stay original to the song which is why both the songs re-loop the same way over and over. But not that you mention it, it can be easily seen as a midi rip thanks for the insight I'll be working on these. :grin:

I think Rockos is being diplomatic here. This is at best a cover, and at worst a midi-rip. Same point applies to your Zeal theme cover posted on the forums. It is really hard to judge and give constructive feedback since what you have posted shows no indication of the level of your rearrangement skills. What one can tell from the mix, is that you can cover the source (or import a midi into a DAW), layer some drums in there, then loop it for several minutes. But right now there is almost no originality in your work.