The Encounter - Kingdom Hearts II

Pokeneon7

Hello! This is my first time posting on the OCR forums so bare with me if you noticed anything bad.

At this point in my remixing career, I will not be even close from getting a piece accepted. I use Garageband '11 and Logic Pro 9 to make my remixes so you know and well.. here goes nothing. :<

http://www.box.net/shared/mkdrz3akkp

Leave any suggestions/complaints/complements or anything in the topic. I'm looking for any way to improve. Thanks.

Nice. I like it so far, and I am only :32 into it. However, I do think that the opening rhythm is too overbearing.

However, I am listening to this on my speakers while eating lunch, so I haven't really payed attention to the finer details.

Overall a good mix. However, I think it needed one or two pads that weren't saws or ramps or pulses. A triangle-pulse pad would work to create a more, say, "etherial" tone to this.

BTW, what is the source for this? I am unfamiliar with it

Source:

(One of the best songs in the Kingdom Hearts franchise in my opinion!)

I like the remix, though I think it could use some more bass or deeper sounds. That could be the player you're using though. I did like the chiptune stuff toward the end. I think more of that sort of variation would help things. I'm not the most musically inclined person on the planet, so I'll just say that overall I like it as a WIP, and I really hope someone can give you some better feedback to help you get this accepted (we could use a good mix of this song on the site!).