*NO* Dwarf Fortress 'Strike the Earth!'

DragonAvenger

• 1 month later...

The source for this is very difficult to piece together. There are some parts where it seems very clear, but for most, I am just not hearing it in a dominant fashion.

Performance is decent, but it seems that there is a lot of right hand rhythmic singularity that grates after awhile. There are seriously was too many 16ths throughout, and they are relentless. Consider the earth struck. :-)

The piano sound itself sounds like there is too much reverb, and there were are few voicings that didn't really feel right, with a few sour notes.

I like the fact you are covering some uncharted territory, but this needs a good deal of work for my tastes. :-(

No

I'm gonna be saying what has already been said but the heavy reverb and repetition of the piece are both problems. There were parts I enjoyed, but the writing was just too simple much of the time, going back to the same right hand arpeggio patterns over and over. I'm not gonna say that can never work, but here there wasn't enough going on to compensate for it. Try to work on getting a better recording and varying your writing.

NO