A song that needs some more stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcgJSQTG_o&feature=channel_video_title

This song is obviously far from complete. It needs some heavy guitar, and it might need a little more pad synth. It could also use some singing... I could do that probably. But then again, so could you. It also needs a 2-second intro of some sort... that'd add just a bit more meat to this.

So uh... wanna help out?

PS the low-quality sound you might hear with a good ear is because I did purposely make this somewhat low-quality, because I do like music that's just a bit fuzzy. I don't ask for additons to the song to be low-quality too, but if you could, that'd be really cool.

Even if you're going for a lo-fi sound, you should still strive for a high quality first and then downsample. Maybe you'll find that the drums need a different kind of low quality sound than, say, the guitar.

Lo-fi - low fidelity, where fidelity is how well the sound is reproduced. Lo-fi is any sound system that doesn't do a great job at reproducing the sound accurately, whether this be distortion, added noise, clipping, crackling, or an uneven frequency balance.

As for the track... Being mostly drums and bass, those elements would use a touch-up. The pad stuff works fine as-is. I'd EQ the crash to give it more highs and less mids, and maybe find more similar crash samples to avoid the crash always sounding exactly the same. Snare has a similar problem, as does the kick, but not quite prominent. The crash is also too loud.

The bass sounds an octave too high, and I can hear it being a single sample being retriggered. Variable sample start, round-robin samples, subtly randomized pitch, and an amp sim would help. The amp sim being especially helpful in turning it into something more aggressive and driving rather than the clean bass you have here.

Even with a guitar added, it might sound too samey and boring, I would suggest a more varied arrangement. Using hihat, ride, and crashes for variation in the drums help, tho changing the rhythm entirely would probably work even better.

So... I have to do... the ENTIRE THING over again? -_-

Since I don't have any of those things (at least, to my knowledge) nor know where to get them, couldja hand me some links? Unless they're already in FL... yo! Maybe you can reinvent this piece then, since you probably have everything you'd need for it? It'd be way easier for you... D:

Okay, y'all, this is my 3rd version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6AN9jM33uc&feature=channel_video_title

I don't really care for critique anymore. I like it like this. It's a good amateur feat I think, and this sound is almost as good as I would've hoped for. I'm not aiming for anything groundbreaking here anymore. Of course, I still need to ask for someone to lay down some guitar riffage, and maybe a tiny little solo plz? C'mon, let's try and enjoy ourselves with this one. Not aim for anything super fancy! I'm not going for that anymore.

New version doesn't sound much better. :(

Okay so... EQ or equalizer is a tool that's already in FL. I don't use FL so I don't know what exactly the effect is called, but you should find it. Don't know about amp sims and FL, but there's free ones on the net.

It helps to not expect anyone to do anything for you. There's free resources on the net that a few minutes of googling should get you. kvraudio is notable enough to get a direct mention.

I get the impression that you're expecting things to happen by themselves somehow, that your music will magically be better because you add guitar or that you'd get someone else to just appear and do the hard stuff for you. That didn't happen for any of us afaik, we had to learn stuff. it's taken most of us about two years or work to get posted, less if we already knew this stuff. If you're looking to get good at this stuff, use everything you can find, learn from everything you come across, practice, experiment, and you should do all right. :)

I'm in the process of writing a remixing guide, link's in my sig. Feel free to read and learn from it.

liked it until 17, then it got all weird 70's scooby doo on me, then after 38 it just got really creepy. Rainbow Road is supposed to be uplifting, not creepy. i guess my worst complain is the song doesnt go anywhere, its really boring. what happened to the main melody? nobody knows lol

liked it until 17, then it got all weird 70's scooby doo on me, then after 38 it just got really creepy. Rainbow Road is supposed to be uplifting, not creepy.

This isn't a remix of Rainbow Road, this is a song all on its own. It's a similar tempo to the Rainbow Road stuff though, and I actually have a lyrics sheet for it and the lyrics are about racing on the pretty Rainbow Road! This is entirely unfinished, it needs some more oomph that I can find ways to add.

Dude, seriously, stop begging for people to make your song. You asked in the Recruit & Collaboration forum ONCE and that's all it takes. Have some damn patience.

As far as EQ is concerned, the best one is Parametric EQ 2, and FL Studio already has it built in.

Also, if you want people to make your song for you, this isn't the place for that. Recruit & Collaboration forum is home to that kind of request. The Workshop is for people aiming to make their work better.

Dude, seriously, stop begging for people to make your song. You asked in the Recruit & Collaboration forum ONCE and that's all it takes. Have some damn patience.

As far as EQ is concerned, the best one is Parametric EQ 2, and FL Studio already has it built in.

Also, if you want people to make your song for you, this isn't the place for that. Recruit & Collaboration forum is home to that kind of request. The Workshop is for people aiming to make their work better.

I made a thread there, and then I saw the description of this thread and thought that maybe I had to use this one instead. That's why I made 2 topics.