You can Find my submission "Zelda 3 - Ordeal" here -

Your ReMixer name - RoeTaKa

Your real name - Alex Roe

Your email address - roea14@yahoo.co.uk

Your website - http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/roetaka/index.html

Your userid - 17699

Name of game - Zelda 3 A Link To The Past

Name song - Hyrule Castle

Comments: Recently I got SampleTank2 and was anxious to get into it. After playing around I thought I should do a ReMix and after listening to alot of zircons work and of course Triforce Majeure, it all just fell into place really. I'm really pleased with this, and what SampleTank can offer (despite people's opinions). Nothing much else to say so lets hit it.

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/loz3.rsn - "Hyrule Castle" (loz3-14.spc)

Decent thick bassline and some perc opened it up. The cymbals were too trebly and mechanical. The synth at :27 was definitely all over the place. Very meandering sounding. The percussion was too thin and needs to be severely toned down; the cymbals were ridiculously loud at :55, and the synth electric guitar coming in at :53 sounds very unrealisitc and distant. The strings had no realism to them either.

Very sloppy production. Beyond stuff like adjusting the sounds balance among your various instruments, you've really gotta get into the fundamentals of fine tuning. It honestly sounded like 0 attention was paid to the mastering here.

The strings at 1:49 sounded completely wrong; the notes did not work well with your other instruments in place. The arrangement came across as utterly random. Ideas just came and went, but there was no progression or flow. Nothing sounded cohesive or melodic whatsoever, especially since your lack of sound balance caused the arranged melody to be very obscured.

Already 3:00 in and it's just not working at all. Unstructured. Unwieldy. Unfocused. The electosynth notes on support in this section were clashing really badly with the rest. I think at 4:40, you were just retreading arrangement ideas. There's no reason this deserved 6:13. None at all. You'll hate me on some level for this, but I mean no disrespect. In any case, I'll be harsh and bluntly honest. You can do a lot better than this, Alex. I know you can. The GoldenEye rejection you had was sweet. But definitely not this.

NO

Already covered by the other judges. Two main issues, the mixing is off the wall, there's lots of stuff going all over the map, as far as placement in the stereo field and volume levels. The other is all the wrong notes really bring the enjoyability of this mix down.

Other issues are already covered in detail with not much more to add on my part.

Keep at it Roe. I can tell this is old work from you since a lot of your newer mixes and especially originals show great promise. There's a lot of potential with your new skills. I can't wait to hear you put it to use on a new mix. I'm well familiar with the source, so I can say I actually like a lot of the ideas you tried to pull off. There's also some cool arrangement ideas going on throughout the mix. But this is just weighed down by too many issues. NO Keep at it.