Dearly Beloved - Xion Theme Remix

Hey guys, I did a small remix of these two songs a month ago and I really liked where it was going hehe :grin: Anyway, I recently just got into remixing game music, so this is probably my first game remix ever. Haven't finished it yet cause of getting caught up into production assessments for uni, but the holidays have arrived as of tomorrow and will be doing some serious composing and remixing during them.

Sooo, if you guys don't mind, have a listen, enjoy and chuck any feedback, suggestions and constructive criticism you have, as I would greatly appreciate it.

Dearly Beloved - Xion Theme Remix:

By the way, I'm pretty new to the forums so let's say this is my musical 'introduction' of myself to you guys.

Alright, hope you guys enjoy

- Christian :-D

I really like what you've got so far.

The only real issue I have is that the percussion gets a bit overwhelming because it seems to stay at the same volume throughout and doesn't always match the volume of the rest of the instruments.

@Turtle - Hey thanks, yeh I was thinking the same myself at that time, completely forgot about it. I will definitely fix it up in the mix as I work on it these upcoming weeks

@Watermino - Haha thanks, mm yeh, I'll have a look at that, hopefully the finished track will be longer and I'll definitely try adding the melodic elements of the original Xion's Theme.

For my tastes, I think the melody is excellent yet it could do with a smoother and softer opening than just inserting into the main melody at the start. How should I put it... it's like getting out of your warm bed into the cold and into a warm shower. Knowing what the song is, you'd expect something drastic or something that follows its key sound. As it is, it's in the midway.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great start for a remix but a smooth opening would be something to work on.

Good work otherwise. =D