AquaticZer0 .3

The kick drum is a bit too loud imo. Overall I think the delay or what ever effects your using on the instruments that comes in about a

third of the way into the song is a bit too much and cause it dominate the whole song and make it hard to hear the melody when it comes in.

Also the strings that come in for a short time at the end are too loud and also make it hard to hear the melody.

But yeah its your first mix with FL so just to keep at it because the arrangement is good so far.

The Good:

The arrangement itself isn't too bad. At times the melodic source sounds squeezed and rushed, but with a little attention you can rework this to sound a little more coherent as a lead line.

You have some sweet stuttering effects going on with that synthy sounding piano. Honestly, even after years of fiddling with FL Studio, I still don't know how to do that.

Sounds a hell of a lot better than my first FL mix. Haha. Kudos.

The Bad:

While the arrangement and application of effects are decent, the production is what is really lacking in this track. There are some noticeable volume discrepancies between instruments, poor quality samples (Slayer and the sax in particular), overcompression/hard limiting, and it's just really damn loud at times.

The drum beat, while not bad per se, is missing some oomph. I think you could add some sweet sweet cymbal/hihat work in here to really kick it up and make this song groove. Make it somewhat subtle though. We don't want hihats blowing up our eardrums.

Other Thoughts:

Really, you're off to a great start. As I wrote earlier, the writing has got some potential and depth, so I'm not faulting you for creativity. However, some attention to production (effects tweaking, compression, overall balance, and volume) will take this from good writing to good music.

I hope this is encouraging rather than discouraging. I am impressed with this being your first project in FL. Keep going; I'm eager to hear what you come up with next!

...the production is what is really lacking in this track. There are some noticeable volume discrepancies between instruments, poor quality samples (Slayer and the sax in particular), overcompression/hard limiting, and it's just really damn loud at times.

QFT

For a first thing, it's pretty cool. Arrangement has some cool original ideas and stuff, but the production is deep in newb territory. Compare this to songs with a similar sound, see what sticks out in a bad way and fix that. Work on your mixing and sound design (bad samples with good processing can go a long way, so you don't need new expensive toys to make this sound better). :)