Where Sheep Go When They Die (Mega Man 4 & 10)

fredrikd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, my first thought is that the percussion sounds a bit too simple. My second thought is that the lead you have picked out works okay, but sticks out because of a lack of layering in parts of the song.

The production values are pretty good considering what the song itself consists of, and the source tunes are easily found here. I would focus on including more original stuff of your own to intersperse with the source material, take some time to focus on some of the layering aspects so the mix doesn't come off as "simple", and beef up those drums with arrangement and detail! What you have thus far is pretty nice, just need to step it up and give it some TLC in the specifics.

Cool stuff thus far. Let me know when you get an update out, or if you need more information.

Thanks a lot!

I tried to program the drums as close to Sheep Man as possible, so that it would create a Sheep Man feel throughout the song. I did do a few things to it though, but I definitely agree that more could have been done without sacrificing the Sheep Man feel.

Does lack of layering mean there could be more happening at once (more sounds/bigger sounds/fuller production etc.)?

TLC - Tender, Love, Care? :)

Again, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks a lot!Does lack of layering mean there could be more happening at once (more sounds/bigger sounds/fuller production etc.)?

TLC - Tender, Love, Care? :)

Again, thanks!

Yes, exactly that. If a song sounds too simple unnecessarily, it feels empty and uncompelling. Layering sounds and adding additional harmonies/arps/melody lines will make it fuller, and thickening out the production would help as well.

TLC indeed means Tender Love and Care. Spends some intimate time with your mix. You know, take it out to dinner, get to know it, take a look at the insides and figure out how things tick. ;)