ReMixer name: SavingPrincess

e-mail: SavingPrincess@gmail.com

Web: www.savingprincess.com

User: 46295

Game: Metroid/Super Metroid

Title: Metroid Tribute 2011

Songs: Metroid Title Screen; Theme to Super Metroid

Composer: Hirokazu Tanaka

Comments: This is an inspired mix consisting of mostly orchestral and synth elements. Where the loop would normally happen in the title theme to the original Metroid, it instead blends to the theme to Super Metroid.

Thanks,

Ryan E. Geiger

----------------

- Metroid

- Super Metroid

• 5 weeks later...

This is way coverish for the what feels like the first half of the track, and then it starts to expand. It seems once it hits the Super Metroid theme that it ends a bit soon.

Overall it's pretty good, but it feels like it could have some additional polish and expansion, as well as some stronger transitions. The seam was pretty audible between the two themes.

Production-wise things get a bit crowded in the low mids with the strings.

Definitely a strong start, and some decent percussive expansion, but it needs a little more to get over, for me. I'd love to hear a revised take. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely like what you did with the Super Metroid theme, but right now Metroid is a cover of the original with new sounds. Knowing and hearing what you can do to expand on the other theme, I'd love to hear you take a crack at the Metroid title in your own imagination and let things fly!

As Andrew mentioned, the transition between the two themes is a pretty obvious theme-jump, I'd like you to make it smoother between the two. Also, Andrew mentioned that things are a bit mid-heavy. I'll agree with that.

NO (resubmit)