The Darkness II

AngelCityOutlaw

I simply can't believe I have not saw a damn thread for this. I loved the hell out of the comics (read like 50 issues in just a couple days) and I loved the first game nearly as much

Here's some gameplay of the second

I'd like to point out that normally I HATE FPS games. HATE. But this on the other hand.

What you guys think? Will it be awesome?

Dood it was not exactly stellar to say the least. I don't even remember a thing about it except for a couple of snakes and having game issues.

Also not meaning to hijack your thread but what is it that you hate about FPS..? I can understand if that hatred stems from some of the old fanboyism surrounding the likes of the Call of Duty series.

Is it simply the twitchy game play or difficulty to play with others on Multiplayer mode/games?

There are plenty of enjoyable FPS if you haven't gone out of your way to play them all.

Dood it was not exactly stellar to say the least. I don't even remember a thing about it except for a couple of snakes and having game issues.

Also not meaning to hijack your thread but what is it that you hate about FPS..? I can understand if that hatred stems from some of the old fanboyism surrounding the likes of the Call of Duty series.

Is it simply the twitchy game play or difficulty to play with others on Multiplayer mode/games?

There are plenty of enjoyable FPS if you haven't gone out of your way to play them all.

In my opinion the first one was miles ahead of most of the other generic FPS warfare games like the Call Of Duty heat wave that doesn't seem to be coming to an end anytime soon. Yes, my hatred does stem from a lot of the gamers out there who won't touch anything that isn't an FPS. My main issue with the FPS genre is how stale it has gotten. That's why I like the FPS games that step outside the current norm. The Darkness stepped outside the box. For me anyway.

Then again I'm a total Top Cow fanboy.

The Darkness stepped outside the box. For me anyway.

How exactly did The Darkness step outside of the box? Other than having a decent plot, shooting any light sources, summoning some demons to fight alongside with you and sprouting two black snakes from the protagonist's arse, it seemed like every other FPS on the shelves.

How exactly did The Darkness step outside of the box? Other than having a decent plot, shooting any light sources, summoning some demons to fight alongside with you and sprouting two black snakes from the protagonist's arse, it seemed like every other FPS on the shelves.

All of those things are far more than what most FPS games out there offer. Now it's all about tactical nukes, killstreaks and generic online fragfests.

Looking at screenshots and videos I can't tell the difference between battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 unless there is a logo attached to the image.

Duke Nukem Forever, despite being steam rolled by "professional critics" is humorous, lots of side mini games, and overall an entertaining game. That was it's goal, and it excelled at it. It wasn't a perfect game, but still more fun to me than the call of duty crap.

The Darkness strayed away from the monochromatic wargames present in nearly all modern FPS games. Because most what you get now, is either a halo or COD rip off.

My opinion anyway. Btw, they also confirmed at comic con a movie of the darkness is in development. Comic book movies don't seem to be ending anytime soon.

Yup! it was in the console launch trailer.

You're thinking of Darksiders 2. That was in the trailer, but The Darkness II was not.

The Darkness was reviewed well enough and seemed to have some cool ideas, though I never had a chance to play it myself. I'm finding shooters a little stale myself but if this has enough in it to stand out from the pack perhaps I will look into it.

You're thinking of Darksiders 2. That was in the trailer, but The Darkness II was not.

The Darkness was reviewed well enough and seemed to have some cool ideas, though I never had a chance to play it myself. I'm finding shooters a little stale myself but if this has enough in it to stand out from the pack perhaps I will look into it.

Oh crap your right XD, miss read the font in the trailer XD, still going to be a good title on the Wii U!