Legend of Zeal -- Corridors of Time Remix

Really, I'm just looking for some feedback. The mix has gone as far as I can go with it, and it is done in Finale 2010, so midi instrumentation. Went with kind of a beat oriented synth for the background, and it takes up the melody briefly in the beginning. It could probably use some work with dynamics, too. But we'll see what y'all have to say about it. Feedback is appreciated.

Source:

Remix:

Free MP3 download: Corridors of Time.mp3

Note: I do not plan on submitting to OCRemix's main site. I'm just here for feedback.

Alright, here's my feedback. Listen to the source and see how well your track lines up with what's going on in it. I understand there are some artistic flourishes in there (e.g. stuff you added for spice), and that is appreciated. However, there are also parts that don't seem to mesh very well with the source. I find the better part of this track is the second half, so look through it and see if you can fix the sour sections a bit.

The MIDI presentation is rather annoying, but I'll deal with it. I would suggest some plugins or Vsts, though - doesn't Finale accept them? I know Sibelius does. It might help make any tack easier to listen to. GM is hard for most listeners to get around.

Hopefully that helps a little bit - once I got past the first half and could ignore the midi-ness of it the track wasn't bad at all. There's quite a bit of cool things present in this track, so do your best to clean up the less pleasant sections in the beginning so people can get to them.