Spotify. GO!

noTuX

So, Spotify is finally here in the U.S. and I'm sure I'm not the only one that subscribed to it, so I would like to start a thread where we can share our music.

I'm going to be starting a playlist with most of my remixes, super old mixes and new, and I'll make it available for yall and it would be awesome if some of the other remixers could join in. Its sorta like a musical time line where we can see how we've progressed over the years.

Also, I would like to request some good dubstep, trance, and electronic (whatever) playlist and/or artist suggestions.

I've been using the free version for a week or so and am loving it. It's so nice to be able to instantly (and it is instant) listen to anything I think of. I've been going through and starring a bunch of artists and albums I always wanted to listen to but never got around to and am slowly working my way through them.

I'm going to be starting a playlist with most of my remixes, super old mixes and new, and I'll make it available for yall and it would be awesome if some of the other remixers could join in. Its sorta like a musical time line where we can see how we've progressed over the years.

Can you do that? I thought only commercially released music was available on Spotify.

Can you do that? I thought only commercially released music was available on Spotify.

Hmm...I'm using the unlimited version, so I'm not sure. It might be different.

At first, I was under the impression that you could share with friends from Facebook and Google +. I'm still fooling around with it.

I am able to make a (local) playlist with all of my songs, but I haven't attempted to share it yet. Guess I should have tried it out first.:tomatoface:

i think you can share playlists publicly, but you have to be friends on facebook with people in order for them to see the playlists. i think? i might be wrong.

That's correct, you can share them with friends that have facebook, and twitter. But the question is, if you make a playlist with your own music (that you made), can you be able to share it?

Since its not commercial and its on your computer, would you be able to share it with others via Spotify.

I sent my girl an invite and she's gonna sign up later. Once she does, I'll see if I can share my music with her.

I've been using Spotify for a few years now, and I still think it's great. If you create a playlist you can link to it with an URL (I don't remember how you get that URL, but I'm sure you just right-click on the playlist and select Share or something) and then anyone who has Spotify installed can click that link and the playlist is imported. I'm pretty sure you can't share local files. :)

• 3 weeks later...