Super Metriod- Lone Hunt in the Red Desert (red soil remix)

mickomoo

I posted this song earlier in the year, but I've rewritten it from scratch. Due to me still getting a feel for these samples, and probably needing to rework the rushed and dragged out middle and end, this is a wip. I kinda forced myself to write a genre I'm not familiar with, but yeah. Anyways as I've said before, this is my first remix, so any advice on the sequencing, the quality of the sound, the mixing, and the composition would be great. Thanks!

stats.png

Your bird scream is too dry. Otherwise, the intro feel like texas. ^^. Fine till I see no beat coming in. Like a real drum kit to back up. I'm not an enormous atmospheric lover. But this one can go far. I love the conservation you made. It's awesome adding your own soundscape to it.

The only part repetitive is the guitar from the start to the end. I would strum it sometimes just to change the feel a little bit.

The old stuff is dragging this whole thing down. There's some decent ideas in there, but the disparity between your skills then and now is probably making this difficult to work with. I say you should start this from scratch - you're not familiar with the source and you've learned lots since you started this... so take all that to a fresh blank project file and start writing and mixing.

If you wanna do stuff in this style, in this sound, listen to stuff like this, listen lots and listen close. Whether it's western movie soundtracks or country music or whatever you can find that you can learn from, learn from it. Listen to how loud and distinct each part is, how far it is from the listener and how it's played. Apply what you can, and you'll improve. :)

The old stuff is dragging this whole thing down. There's some decent ideas in there, but the disparity between your skills then and now is probably making this difficult to work with. I say you should start this from scratch - you're not familiar with the source and you've learned lots since you started this... so take all that to a fresh blank project file and start writing and mixing.

If you wanna do stuff in this style, in this sound, listen to stuff like this, listen lots and listen close. Whether it's western movie soundtracks or country music or whatever you can find that you can learn from, learn from it. Listen to how loud and distinct each part is, how far it is from the listener and how it's played. Apply what you can, and you'll improve. :)

I literally rewrote it from scratch. It's just that I really wanted to incorporate some of the old stuff, I thought rhythm was the problem with the old material which is why I reused it.

The only part repetitive is the guitar from the start to the end. I would strum it sometimes just to change the feel a little bit.

Yeah I'm feeling like I need a real guitar, I can't really strum with the VST and strumming would allow much more variation with what I can do with that part.