Contact Info:

Mystik3eb

Dan Scannell

mystik3eb@hotmail.com

http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl

ReMix Info:

Phantasy Star IV

Pain

Well I listened to it randomly and thought "NO ONE would EVER remix this, yet it's such an amazing piece with so much emotion attached to it. What the heck, I'll make a remix for it, and I'll do better than the Chrono Trigger one that failed." And in an hour or so, I made this. I like it alot, personally. Made again with FL Studio Demo (since I'm poor), with no equipment or anything to help with making it, just my mouse and headphones (cheap ones). Hope this one makes it farther than my last one!

FL Demo huh? Thought you couldn’t output with that…

There is very strange panning throughout. First, without some counterbalance, I would try to avoid “strong” elements panned far to one side or the other, such as the intro synths (at :03, :07…). The cymbals that jump from far left to far right (1:12, 1:26…) feel very disjointed and awkward. If that’s the effect that you want you would be better off panning the same cymbal across the soundstage rather than using two separate cymbals. The sporadic panning of the synth starting at 2:10, although there is a pattern to it, doesn’t work for me. In fact, it adds to the growing confusion of instruments that just get unwieldy by 2:45. I think that the intensity that you’re after in section 2:45-3:29 can be accomplished with far fewer instruments and far less harmonic clutter.

Sample quality is pretty basic as well. Some of the synths are cool but you certainly need to upgrade your drums and guitar. The drums are lacking punch. The snare is bone dry; reverb would greatly help. The distorted guitar sounded very fake.

It’s not until 2:09 that any rearrangement comes in. That section is pretty fun for a while. However, beforehand all we have is the original with a beat. After the confusion of 2:45-3:29 we get a repeat of the theme with the beat behind it and a lackluster all-synth end.

I’m glad you had fun mixing it but next time spend a little more time pumping your sounds up, making your melodies distinct from one another and bringing more creativity to the source.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/gym/ps4.rar - 18 "Pain"

You made a mix in an hour and expected it to pass. Not in this universe, bro.

First 56 seconds are a rip of the source. Some original beats and crud after that, then just the ripped original with lousy beats underneath it. I'm not gonna dignify the rest of this with a review. Just weird crud at 2:09; don't really care if you arranged anything at this point. Should have gotten the form.

Don't waste our time with thrown together garbage. You can do better. If you want a nicer review, Harmony's above is a great place to start though. I bleh on this. If you stick with this and get a lot better, you'll have a good laugh and be kicking yourself thinking you could send this one off and get it posted.

NO

Larry is overly harsh, but he is correct. I know this theme by heart and this is a very basic arrangement. The samples, processing and production are also quite basic.

I'm not really digging the delayed sounding beats either.

Bottom line I think you need to go back to the drawing board on this. The composition and arrangement is too basic - and the presentation is equally unfulfilled.

Please check out the mixing for free guide in our Remixing forum. I think you can get much further with some of the free software there than with this FL demo.

But as is, this should could have arguably gotten the form email. NO Override