*NO* Goemon's Great Adventure 'A Palace Underwater'

DragonAvenger

• 4 weeks later...

Some decent ideas, though some of the samples aren't really gelling for me. The bass sounds out of tune in some spots, and the main synth is a little piercing and pasted on sounding. I hear there is a little bit of delay; i think increasing that a little would help it fit in.

The arrangement idea is cool, as the slowed and subdued approach works pretty nicely with the source, but I think the production is holding it back a little bit. I definitely think this is a good candidate to resub. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to definitely agree that the synths just aren't doing it for me. I think either working on them to get them to gel a little more or just flat out replacing some of them would do a lot to help the track fit together better. I'd also like to see a little more humanization on the piano, it feels stiff at times.

The arrangement overall is pretty good, although towards the end I'd wished that the main riff had been altered to be a little.

Fix that production!

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

The intro definitely gave me some high hopes for a cool atmospheric track, but unfortunately once the bulk of the mix kicks in there's just not much going on. It's a really sparse, stripped down arrangement that doesn't feel complete in its current form. As mentioned earlier, pretty much all of the samples have a very flat, dry quality to them. The piano sample is definitely the worst offender, it sounds like you'd need to outright replace at least that, if not other sounds in the mix as well.

My suggestion, if you want to fix this up, would be to work on adding in some more layers/instruments/ambiances to build up more texture to your soundscape, drum lines, and instruments. All of it just feels very insufficient at this point, though you do have some nice stuff that you're working with so far. This would be a good one to bring to the Workshop forums if you're looking for some more detailed one-on-one critiquing!

NO