*NO* Chrono Cross 'Cruisin''

OceansAndrew

Your ReMixer name: Hakstock

Your real name: Ivan Hakštok

Your e-mail address: hakstock@gmail.com

Your userid: 43292

Name of game(s) arranged: Chrono Cross, Radical Dreamers: Nusumenai Hoseki

Name of arrangement: Cruisin'

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Voyage: Home World, Ending ~ Le Tresor Intredit

Link to the original soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZuBYlCV2j0,

Your own comments about the mix: The intro arp is something I had in my mind for a while, after listening to the Home Voyage song in Chrono Cross and I used that song for the intro (0:00-1:00) and the ending (2:44-3:19), while the rest is filled up with parts from Le Tresor Intredit, which had a similar chord structure and fit well with the background arpeggio, only thing I had to do is transfer it into 4/4 time. The song is more upbeat than it's source tunes and I tried to break it's rhythm down as little as possible, to maintain an energetic feel throughout the whole thing. Hope you enjoy it!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, these 2 themes fit together really well!

eep that synth that comes in on the second repetition of the main theme is gross; it's piercing and overly detuned.

I think the arrangement ideas are great, especially when the 2 themes overlap (though the chrono cross theme is almost inaudible when it happens), but the production issues are holding this back. I think a lot of things could be fixed by adjusting the balance; EQ'ing some of the pierce out of the leads would go a long way, varying up the drum beat more, and adding some more rhythmic space.

You have an excellent idea here, and a good foundation, but it needs balance and polish. I hope you resub this! :-)

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

agreed. the arrangement was well constructed, however the drums and bassline are pretty much on autopilot, and the overall soundscape just isn't feeling very cohesive. I don't think the problem is instrumentation so much as inconsistent mixing and balance, but I agree with OA that that detuned synth isn't too pleasant. the arrangement is promising though, so I do hope you take another look at this one. :)

NO(resub)