Portal Music Video.

Outofmanyone

I didn't know there was any Portal Music video contest. Now I just found that it's over XD. I loved the sock puppet video, brilliant imagery.

Having ventured into stopmotion, props to those dedicated to such pain, but I feel like it was overshadowed by the ones on valve's video page.

but I feel like it was overshadowed by the ones on valve's video page.

Link? I can't find it on there.

As for the video, I love how some of the comments were "having real-life girl ruined it, next time use only puppets or people, NOT BOTH!", to which I would say that's stupid.

Having Rattman as a puppet shows that he's not exactly human anymore. I don't mean he's a zombie or a mutant, of course. I mean, he's been in the tunnels and vents of Aperture for how long? Months? Maybe even a year? All by himself, with turrets and GLaDOS around every corner. His mind is worn and weary. He's barely functioning as the man he used to be.

Chell being played by a living person helps to exemplify that. She hasn't had to deal with the constant threat of GLaDOS like he has. She's still relatively perfect and untouched. He's a broken toy that GLaDOS can't even be bothered with to get rid of.

So fuck the people bitching about the puppet thing. They obviously didn't get the point.