*NO* Mega Man 4 'Party in the Yellow Snow'

djpretzel

Email sub file - Party in the Yellow Snow.mp3

Heyo! The unfriendly Doctor Grudge is back with another remix here for you to put on your site. Info:

Name: Ice Cream Smash Bot

Email: kitfoxx84@yahoo.com

Game remixed from: Megaman 4 (Dr. Cosack's stage 1)

Name of remix: Party in the Yellow Snow

If you need more info, just let me know. Late.

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman4.zip - Track 9

Man, just listening to the Megaman IV soundtrack, everything sounds so samey. Practically none of the tracks stuck out.

This was a pretty weak effort, like a poor man's Disco Dan. Generic sounds, little to no attention on the production side with very a muffled atmosphere, and not much creativity beyond trance/electronica coverage on the arrangement side. The arrangement wasn't terrible, but is typical of uncreative MM techno I've heard in the past. Be more. Much more.

NO

This should have gotten the form letter in our opinion. This is extremely basic in arrangement, composition and production. The synths sound like they came from the late 80s, and they don't sound at all that special in my opinion. There are some nice ideas here, but overall this needs a lot of work.

Please use the WIP forum for future feedback before submitting.

NO

• 2 weeks later...
…not much creativity beyond trance/electronica coverage on the arrangement side.

Exactly. In the past I’ve been jumped on for calling a mix “generic trance,” but this is not necessarily a bad thing in general. Good generic trance can be good but it’s going to be hard to pass anything like it because by definition it requires little creativity on the part of the mixer.

That being said, this mix is pretty blah. Take 2:28-2:42 and 4:32-4:58 for example. The muffled bass and relatively weak kick alone are not interesting enough to justify 40 seconds of solo time. I would have also liked to hear some more interesting drumwork. What's here isn't bad but it feels very repetitive. The lead synths aren't too terrible and I think with more creative FX processing and the right supporting elements, they could be cool.

Needs more spice: Creative EQ work on the drums/bass, more engaging percussion sequencing, more elements in sparse sections, some dynamic contrast (even given the genre), and a pinch of paprika couldn’t hurt. Keep working at it.

NO