BLAZIN' UP THE HIGHWAY - Shadow & Blaze Concept + Flying Battery Zone 2nd A Emcee ReMiX

A Emcee Muzik

Whats up everyone,

It's been awhile since I posted on here. Thanks for all of the nice comments on my last post from the beggining of the year (Green Hill Forever!), I appreciate it. This is my 2nd take on the Flying Battery Zone (Act 1) theme from Sonic & Knuckles. This is also a concept for if the theme were to be used for Shadow & Blaze (as they race in & destroy the imagined Flying Metropolis Zone). Unlike the take I did on this theme years ago (which was pretty much a slow, jazzy smooth, extended cover)...this time I wanted to get the vibe of intense speed and mayhem across. While keeping it "somewhat" jazzy like my first rendition. The video I did for this "short version" that I uploaded to YouTube will visually give you a better idea of the direction besides the audio in the track itself (of course). Please check it out when you have the time:

I was planning on submitting a full version of this to OCR...but only if it seems like it can meet the standards to do so. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks for your time and take care.

- A Emcee Muzik.

Short answer - yes, you have a decent chance for OCR if you keep up this direction, as long as it remains up to par.

Long answer - It's looking great so far, but there are a couple of points you'll want to focus on if you're shooting for this site. As much as I love that bass (and I do very much) keep in mind that people will want to hear the melody nicely as well. Try to get that melody to shine through the rest of the mix, as it's important in tying the track to the source.

The sound is very nice, but it seems to be a little overcrowded when everything is going together (like at 0:42, for example). There's quite a few great things happening, but because they're all fighting for the front it's hard to hear any one of them well.

I love the arrangement, and the instrument choices are great. Get this finished up, give the mix some aural breathing room by mixing what you consider background into the back and give more important elements the front and I think you'll be in very good shape.