Doom Troopers - Skull-head

Mak Eightman

Changed to Mod-review..

stats.png

Source:

Just a little changes at 1:28- 1:44 section,now little closer to the source.

I dunno guys.. I can hear source well. But i may be wrong as always. Still not sure about rhythm guitars and probably something wrong about bass..

Thank You for you time. Thanks! And sorry for my english

Nice intro

I don't think you should cut the bass out at :48. It would sound way bigger and more dramatic if you had some really fat low end sound going on here. I really like this part otherwise.

The lead at 2:00 starts out sounding really good, but at around 2:20 it starts to get just a little bit too loose for my taste.

I think the rhythm guitars may be lacking in presence a little bit, but it may not be a big deal since you have so many other things going on all the time to fill the sound out.

The drums are pretty strong overall, I would say. The kick and toms in particular seem to pack a pretty satisfying punch. The weak link may be the snare, which doesn't seem as punchy to me. This is a nitpick though.

The production sounds pretty good IMO, and source usage seems OK (a breakdown would help evaluate this a little better, though). I like it :smile:

Lot of thanks to you!!

Interesting idea about bass, i'll try it.

Snare probably lost some "punchy", but I like it.

We have a different sense for it. The matter of taste i suppose))

But thanks for point it.. again:mrgreen:

And you well know my guitar skills Brent..

I guess I reached my limit. If this lead doesn't work.. Well thats to bad. Nothing more I can do.

Not sure where should I add a breakdown and not sure it'll necessary. I'll think about it.

THANKS again! Much appreciate!!

Emunator, Level 99 and I have all taken a listen to your track. This is the general consensus:

Pretty interesting take on the mix. The arrangement is pretty cool and the source checks out but there are various mixing issues. The Rhythm guitars are too quiet - they need to be louder or Pumped in the mids. The drums don't quite fit in the soundscape, The kick and the snare samples need some layering to make them more punchy, and there issues with timing on the guitar leads. The piano and marimba samples and sequencing aren't the best either but I feel the sequencing is more of an issue personally.

Thank you guys!!

Now changed back to WIP.

I'm not sure I can fix timing issues and sequencing.

Actually the only thing I can try to fix is mixing.

Here is my try:

stats.png

Rhythms are louder now, some changes for kick and snare..

Now I feel over-compression. Damn..

Dead end. I'm stuck again.

Better luck next time:mrgreen:

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

After number of attempts to fix piano's sequencing, I decided to remove this stupid piano from here. Replaced it with synth.

Rebalanced, remastered, etc.

stats.png

Claim it finished. Any thoughts guys'n'gals? Any constructive or not so constructive, bad, good or something is appreciated! As always:)

Thank YOU!

Best of whateva ppl!!

edit: Btw! Brent, what do you mean saying "crank"(or something) about snare. You know what i'm talking about. I just realized that i have no idea "why" snare is not so punchy to you lol

What I mean about the snare is that is sounds pretty compressed. It lacks the nice and crisp *crack* sound you normally hear from a snare. The snare you're using has a really grungy sound to it, which isn't always a bad thing, but it doesn't quite fit all the time in this mix. But don't get me wrong, I'm actually really liking this track overall. You've gotten a lot better at avoiding crowding in the mix and allowing all of the instruments to fit well with each-other.

I honestly don't have any really major criticisms for this one. I'm really just not a huge fan of the snare drum and that's about it.