That Wriggling Piece of Plywood (Phoenix Wright - I Want to Defend (Blue Badger Theme))

SirPrimalform

I'm new here, but this was actually done over a year ago by the band I'm in for a contest.

http://soundcloud.com/harmonium-jones/wriggling-piece-of-plywood

This is a sort of Klezmer-ated cover of the twinkly music that plays when the Blue Badger is on screen in Phoenix Wright.

I can only really take credit for the poor engineering, I only played a couple of the instruments on this but I thought it might be of interest to some here. I like malevolent shambolic quality it has...

This is a really great, almost "gypsy"/Eastern European take on the Blue Badger theme.

Really great performance, and its full of style. I like it a lot!

It's a simplistic theme, but this rendition almost gives a Ravellian (in the sense of Bolero) style to it, its constant repetition with slight additions.

Yeah, I agree with Emperor Charlemagne mm7pass_2drwily.gif. This is clever: I would never have thought to put it in this style! I love the layering, and the way you guys built it up.

Despite that though, if you were planning to submit this, then you may have to adjust a few things for OC ReMix to accept it:

1) They'll want more variation (This happened to me a lot). Essentially, it just means throwing in another song or making up a short original part in the song.

2) The bass at 0:15 sounds a bit sharp at the start.

No other complaints, this is great. Keep mixing with your band. :)!!

Wow thanks guys! I wasn't planning to submit it, I just posted it here to see what people thought. I think you're right about the bass going sharp. It's probably because it was downtuned by a tone (to get that low D) and low tension strings seem to easily go sharp when struck before settling down and being in tune. The other possibility is that I was careless... >.>