Tetris Battle Gaiden: Queen's theme

MindWanderer

Tetris Battle Gaiden, sometimes translated Tetris Butou Gaiden: A game no one's ever heard of, but had great music (and is one of the best competitive puzzle games of all time, IMO).

Source material:

The Battle Queen (could probably figure out a better title if I read Japanese)

Queen's Stage

Remix (as-yet untitled):

Queen's Theme Remixed

And if I suck too much (which is probable), I hope I will at least inspire some of the better remixers out there to take a stab at the same game. It really has a lot of catchy tunes.

Odd. It ran when saved but not directly in the browser. I tried "converting" it to the same thing it already is, and that seems to have worked. One of the two source tunes has the same issue, and I can't seem to fix it the same way. Until I get my registration info for TinDeck, you'll just have to "Save As" to listen to the Queen's Stage.

Sorry about that.

Okay, since no one else seems to be around, I'll do what I can.

First off, the instruments are low quality and the notation is mechanical and inaccurate in places.

Until the guitar came in, the remix was pretty boring. It sounded too much like a rough cover than a remix.

The wind and string instruments did not go very well with the guitar in the second half of the song.

Right now both halves of the remix feels like a completely separate song. It sounds like it could be a great string orchestra remix or a country/western/whatever guitar genre you're going for remix, but I'm not certain it could be both.

However, I am still a newbie at remixing, so take my advice with a grain of salt.